If you’ve been in an automobile accident, you may be suffering from whiplash – a common injury after a car crash – as well as damage to your spine, muscles, and joints. If you don’t treat these injuries in a timely manner, they will often worsen and could cause scar tissue or permanent damage.
Visiting a chiropractor may be a wise choice if you’ve recently been in a crash or if you were in one years ago but still find yourself in pain. Chiropractic treatment offers less-invasive options that don’t include addictive pain medication as part of the healing process. Here is how a chiropractor will treat your back pain if you’ve been in a car crash.
After you’ve been in a car crash, you may be feeling one or more of the following ailments:
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Shoulder pain
- Soft tissue injuries
- Knee pain
Depending on the type of injury you’ve suffered, an experienced chiropractor may be able to treat it. When you go for your initial appointment, the chiropractor will assess your injuries and then suggest a course of action. It’s best to get treatment sooner rather than later so that your injuries can begin to heal and won’t continue to worsen as time goes by.
Your chiropractor will need to assess your injuries during your first visit, but once they have determined the extent of the damage, they will suggest one of the following treatments:
- Spinal adjustment relieves the swelling and pain associated with auto accidents.
- Spine decompression also reduces back pain due to a car crash or other injuries.
- Physical rehabilitation is used after you’ve healed to promote healing and stave off future injuries.
- Massage therapy helps to promote soft tissue healing – common injuries in car accidents.
- Some chiropractors recommend nutrition or lifestyle changes in order to promote optimal healing in a minimum amount of time.
Visiting a chiropractor will restore your body’s alignment, reduce your recovery time, and decrease pain associated with car crash injuries. It can also give you mobility and strengthen the afflicted area to ward off further injury. You can do all this with a chiropractor without the detrimental effects of invasive surgery or addictive medications often prescribed after surgery.
If you’ve been in a car crash, make an appointment with professional chiropractors, like those with Centro Clinic, and let your healing start today.