If you suffer from headaches or migraines, you are not alone. Nine out of ten Americans suffer from headaches or migraines. Whether you suffer from occasional headaches with dull pain or from more frequent throbbing migraines that cause debilitating pain and nausea, Centro Chiropractic Clinic can help.
You may have tried different remedies for your headaches or migraines such as taking pain pills, lying down in the dark, or simply gritting your teeth and trying to carry on. However, chiropractic care at Centro Chiropractic Clinic is a better alternative to treat your headaches and migraines.
About 5 percent of all headaches are a warning sign for a physical problem in the body. The other 95 percent of headaches are primary headaches, such as tension, migraine or cluster headaches. These types of headaches are not caused by a physical problem or disease and are in itself the primary concern.
A majority of headaches are associated with muscle tension in the neck as a result of spinal misalignment called subluxation. These misalignments can be caused by years of slouching over a computer, bad posture, sleeping on bad pillow, or the result of an acute injury. Other causes of headaches have been linked to chronic anxiety or depression, or if you have a tendency to clench your jaw or grind your teeth.
Whiplash is a common type of acute injury to the spine caused by a car accident, sports or personal injury. Whiplash happens when the force of a collision causes your head to violently shift forward then backwards which can cause misalignment in the spine, soft tissue injuries, nerve damage and bulging discs in the neck. Headaches are a common symptom among whiplash sufferers along with neck pain and stiffness.
Migraine headaches can be triggered by various environmental stimuli like noise, lights, foods or medication, or behaviors like insomnia/fatigue, stress excessive exercise, or blood sugar changes in the body. Migraine sufferers usually experience nausea, vomiting, loss of vision, dizziness or extreme sensitivity to sensory stimuli.
At Centro Chiropractic Clinic we can treat your headache and migraine problems by addressing the source of your pain. One of our chiropractic physicians will give you a thorough examination and discuss your medical history with you to find the root of your headache or migraine. Treatment at Centro Chiropractic Clinic will include spinal adjustments and/or massage therapy that can bring the vertebrae back into correct alignment to relieve pinched nerves and pain. Massage therapy can help relieve musculoskeletal tensions, mental stress and help aid in the recovery of any soft tissue or nerve damage. Chiropractic treatment can relieve the pain associated with headaches or migraines caused by whiplash or muscle tension.
Research has shown that chiropractic care to treat tension headaches with spinal manipulation is an effective treatment option. A report released in 2001 by researchers at the Duke University Evidence-Based Practice Center in Durham, NC, found that spinal manipulation resulted in almost immediate improvement for those headaches that originate in the neck and had significantly fewer side effects and longer-lasting relief of tension-type headaches than a commonly prescribed medication.
If you are suffering from headaches or migraines, call Centro Chiropractic Clinic today at 503-550-1140 to schedule your free consultation and get the pain relief you deserve today!
Sign-up using the form or call us at 503-550-1140 to take advantage of this exclusive offer.
“My experience at Centro Chiropractic has been amazing. The workers are super friendly and caring and make sure that you receive the treatment you deserve.”
– Jessica D.